Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Fork in the Road

The past week has been a whirlwind. I had planned on showing you pictures of mine and Linda's finished BOM quilt. That got pushed to the back burner. A week ago I was hit at the fork in the road. I got a call that my uncle was in the "dying process". If you remember last year while we were snowbirding he got gravely ill, was hospitalized, then to a nursing home, then a Rehab center and then it was decided he needed Assisted Living. We found a nice facility and I moved him in. All was going well until, in January, he decided was NOT going to take his medications anymore! He was on heart medications, insulin, water pills, well you get the idea. He just kept going down hill. Last week he was having difficulty breathing, walking and was confused. He would turn on the stove in his apartment and then turn on the air conditioner. He was also under Hospice care. I had a Hospice worker call late Saturday night and tell me that his confusion was worse, he had fallen and cut his head open, along with he could not find his dentures. Hospice was there 24/7 until the time of death on Monday, March 25. I am so very "Thankful" to all the Hospice workers for making him as comfortable as possible. I got all the arrangement made and now I am in the process of moving his things out of the  Assisted Living Center. I have to have them out by the end of the month. I have been spending whatever time I can packing and purging. Today we are down to furniture. Our son and grandson will be helping me move it out. Then I just have to clean out his refrigerator and I am done. Whew!
That is not all that has happened this week. Hubby guy has been having many health issues. He has COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, and a  form of rheumatoid arthritis which has been causing him much pain. We went to see his doctor yesterday and had blood work done. He has Diabetes! He has been having some depression issues but this has taken it over the top. It has been a very difficult week. Please pray for him.

I will be back with those pictures...soon.

Till then...Piece!
Paula

1 comment:

  1. Oh Paula, I am sorry you are going through all of that. Will keep you and your hubby in my prayers! (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete